Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ALL DAY MONDAY

Overslept on Monday morning.

One of my major pet peeve: people being late. Because time is very important to me, with my schedule always packed--a slight deviation from anything usually sets back a lot of things--creating an unwanted chain reaction. So punctuality is ingrained (although I think this gets better with age), a decent courtesy other people appreciate because it shows that I also respect how valuable their time is.

So imagine me going helter-skelter when I didn't wake up with my alarm. Although in fairness, I got to my 11am meeting at 10:58. And in heels too.

Talked with the people behind The Gap for a Preview collaboration. Details to be announced soon. Nikki, the brand's marketing was all cheery. Cute outfit too, in a pleated blush skirt paired with flat leather lace-ups.
IMG_6127
After the meeting, it was back to the office for the weekly roundup and updates with the team. Then it was off to source and pullout. Was in Power Plant Topshop when Divine walks in with Nix. Talagang naka Kermit Tesoro habang nag ma-mall. Daywear lang. Care! Lahveet.
IMG_6138
And after a full day of heaving shopping bags full of soon-to-be-shot products, it was off to Ystyles Anniversary in White Space. Of course I got there just in time. 5 minutes before the fashion video (shot by Paolo Pineda) was shown.
IMG_6164
Skull cut-outs. Amazing find from the Landmark on Ana Kalaw.
IMG_6142
Transparency was a big choice for the night. One.
IMG_6143
Two.
IMG_6155
Three.
IMG_6153
Char, I love your earrings.
IMG_6159
Cinnamon bun shoulders.
IMG_6157
Sis, blurred ka pa rin. Sorry! Laureen of breakmystyle.com
IMG_6146
Pauline Prieto makes everyone else look fat.
IMG_6163
Ria doing pastoral.
IMG_6144
Projection on the walls.
IMG_6149
Pedi brights x spiked hardware on ze Preview Editor: Pauline.
IMG_6166
Robot was the place to be for after dinner and drinks. Long overdue catch up with Young Star EIC Paolo Lorenzana, who by the way came spiffied up in his 5cm suit, scalloped dress shirt and skinny suspenders. Fashyown. Perfect get up for a long night talking about relationships.
IMG_6168
Although we all ordered Makis, I got the soft-shell crab, and truffled portobello, Tim made us try heaps of dishes. This was the Japanese pizza, where the dough came in the form of Japanese rice crackers. Bin-bin lang. The soft Uni and the crunchy cracker was a surprisingly good combo.
IMG_6172
Chef Bruce Ricketts.
I go: "Kapatid siya ni Ronnie Rickets?"
And I don't know if it was Tim or Paolo who said: "Hindi, anak." Oo nga naman, ang bata naman niya maging kapatid. I feel old.
IMG_6176
Chef Ricketts cooked us this amazing Sea Bass in Uni reduction with soft cabbage on the side. It. Was. Amazing.
IMG_6178b
And Tim going from eventologist to mixologist. His quotable quote of the night: "Maturity in a relationship is overrated. Be a child and be happy." Hahaha. Easier said than done though. Portrait courtesy of Raymond And. Thanks Rayms! Alam mo na yown.
IMG_6183
The End.

No comments: