Thursday, October 23, 2008

RALPH NG

Three shows last night at the opening of fashion week, I went to the last one which was slated at 930pm. But of course it didnt start on time. If I went to the first two shows I'd be hungry as hell already. Theres a running joke among friends that the designers in the last shows will bear the brunt of bad reviews because the press will be cranky. Ralph Ng at least made the wait worthwhile. Though his designs are not really groundbreaking, its still very pretty clothes thats trend led, wearable and embodies a very Japanes aesthetic that recalls Junya Watanabe and Yohji Yamamoto. It also reminds me of the Comme Des Garcon clothes for H&M with fitted assymetric blazers and dhoti-slouch trousers. More in depth reviews in my column and clearer runway pics, as for now, verdict is, i like it, but you will just have to make do with blurry pics.




See More Here...

No comments: