Monday, January 16, 2012

SUNDAY

I had work today. But having friends at the end of the day over good food makes it all worth it. We tried Romulo's Cafe in Jupiter. Ultra comfort food in a relaxed setting. And, I forgot to take photos. I haven't blogged in so long that I've forgotten to catalog my life. Now I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. But mistake noted. Now my camera won't leave my bag again. Anyway, beside that point, interjected in between the menu was a brief history of Carlos P. Romulo's life. And at the end was a list of his achievements. It ran pretty long, journalist, author, diplomat, Pulitzer prize winner, National Artist in Literature, co-founder of the Philippine Boy Scouts, dubbed as Mr. United Nations and more. I was pretty awed and inspired. Even googled him in Wikipedia. I'm not even going to pretend that I knew about him till I sat down to eat some sinigang liempo, but am I wrong to think that there is not one poiltician now that has his heart in it for the country? And I get home and watch "impeachment" by Che Che Lazaro. And it's just so depressing. Is there still someone who runs for office for the pure purpose of wanting to make a difference? Or am I being naive? Who will save us?

Till i research more on this, I'm going back to safer ground, switching back to fashion now.

1 comment:

Karla said...

im so glad your blog is back!