Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CINEMALAYA 2011

Cinemalaya will always be a joy to AC and I. We've been going every year for as long as I can remember. Today was even more special since the movie at 6pm had a personal invitation from Marlon Rivera. It was his directorial debut for his movie "And Babae sa Septic Tank."

Don't let the vintage feel of the poster fool you though, this movie was modernly brilliant. Written by Chris Martinez, it was serious and hilarious at the same time. Eugene Domingo is perfect here. Ang galing galing nya. As en. Wala akong masabi. I recommend this to anyone who wants to watch something other than mainstream teleserye turned into bigscreen fodder. I would like to describe the plot, but I don't think it'll do justice. Just please watch it and tell me what you think. I super loved it.
P1010252
Congratulations Marlon! I don't know what to call you now. Direk na ba? Heeh. AC says he's like the Karl Lagerfeld of the Philippines. Let me expound, *deep breath* okay here we go: He's the President of the advertising agency Publicis Manila, he's also a brilliant fashion designer (loved his Holiday offering in Fashion Week), a florist (Blue Barn), a makeup artist, a stylist, a teacher, in other words a creative multi-tasker. I don't even know where he gets his energy to do all. But he does and excels in everything too. Congratulations again!
P1010256
The theater was sold out.
P1010259
But managed to save seats for AC and Alan.
P1010260
And pre-show, while I was looking at the schedules, (I was there alone at first), someone kissed me on the cheek! It was Cibo (Michael, see, told you I have a tendency to create names), back from the U.S. staying for two weeks before leaving the country for good. =) super pleasant surprise! We always bump into each other in Cinemalaya, and since he was alone, and i had an extra ticket, I dragged him to watch the show with us na din.
P1010255
Here are other Cinemalaya posters. is it me or are they better looking than big budgeted ones? Very graphic, very clean, very me.
P1010250
I want to watch three more films if my schedule permits, as Cinemalaya runs through the whole week, and is also showing in Greenbelt 3. Zombadings is on Saturday at 1145 midnight at CCP and its the only screening. Maaaaaan.
P1010251
Oh, and Cherry Pie, (close?) who had a hilarious cameo in the film. She's in this other film also called Isda, about a woman who gave birth to a fish. Should be indie-resting. (interesting, get it? Heeeeeeh.) tulog na nga ako.
P1010261
Thats eeet.

8 comments:

Czarina Maye said...

Wow! You're wearing florals? Hehe. Wala lang, nakakapanibago lang. :) Looks nice on you. Love the color of your lips! Girleeehhh!

Julian said...

You're right, the posters do look better than the mainstream films. :)

s t y l e s a m u r a i said...

HI Czarina,

Thanks! My lippie is Candy Yum Yum from MAC. Sooooper love it too. =)

Archiex said...

You look so pretty in your outfit.. Ganda ng lips! :)

Sophie said...

Love your Prada Baroque shades! <3 Are they available locally already? I read somewhere that it will be on the September. Can't wait to have mine!

s t y l e s a m u r a i said...

Hey Sophie, thanks! I'm not sure if its available locally, but i sooooper love it. Show me photos if ever you get yours, coz I only know of another one who has it here, my dear friend Penny. =)

Cibo said...

Kasama ako sa blog! Sikat! Hehe mishu dardidar...

Nadine Diamante said...

Septic Tank is a genius. It was bitin but super fun and witty. They should def do more films like this! :)