Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MARC JACOBS FALL WINTER 2009

Yeah, it's fashion week again, and it's not doing anything for the dark circles under my eyes. I've been checking the new shows everyday, can't wait for Paris because most of my faves are there: Balmain, Givenchy, Lanvin and Louis. Of course Marc is on top of my list too. So far, his is the only one that adjusts the eye. But then, it's only been three days.

The architectural shoulder is still strong for Fall. Okay, I can wear this.

This.

This.

But I draw the line on this.

Maybe if it came in a darker color? Erm. Still a no.


So, from last seasons New Pilgrim of orientalism slash plaids slash metallics, Marc goes time warp back to the 80s. There were a lot of pieces that I liked, the heightened shoulders were key trends, ornate prints in B&W hosiery, lace and satin combos reminiscent of Madonna's "Like A Virgin" Daze, printed metallics, all in all, fantastic fabrication. But the thing that was most striking was THE LOOK. HOE HEM GEE, its baaaaaaaaaaaack!



And then they cover all the flowers and they paint the trees,
Sweet and delicious look at all those treats
So what goes on before they touch my lips?
They make a rainbow. Nips! Nips!

No comments: